We hold a monthly meeting September through May. The monthly meeting generally falls on the first Thursday of the month. Up to 2 free workshops are provided, and begin about 5:30 PM. Visit our workshop page for more information about workshops.
There is usually a social period from 6-7 PM; the dinner starts at about 7 PM, and the speaker usually about 8 PM after a few section announcements.
Our regular meetings begin with workshop presentations (many of which qualify as PDH). We hold a social period (some with cash bar) before dinner. After dinner, we have an invited speaker.
The monthly meeting is a good opportunity to see old friends, make new friends, discuss various engineering topics, and network. Visitors are welcome, so if you're not a member come and see what you've been missing! Non-chemical engineers are also welcome, of course.
For some of our special event meetings (energy forum, distillation forum, student night) we do not have workshop presentations.
Workshop admission is free. No registration is needed.
We do not have a 'permanent' meeting location. The meeting location will always be announced on the website and in the newsletter. We rotate our meeting locations around the Houston area to entice members from all over to attend at least one meeting. We hope to see you at a meeting location near you.
Some of the meeting locations we use:
- The Bougainvilleas, 12126 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77077
- Houston Marriot Sugarland, 16090 City Walk, Sugarland, TX 77479
- Wydham Houston - NRG Park, 8686 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77054
- The Petroleum Club of Houston, 1201 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77002
- San Jacinto College CPTE, 7901 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, TX
- San Jacinto College Maritime, 3700 Old Highway 146, La Porte, TX 77571
- Westchase Marriott, 2900 Briarpark Dr, Houston, TX 77042