Join more than 60,000 members in more than 110 countries!
- One year subscriptions to CEP Chemical Engineering Progress®, AIChExchange and AIChE SmartBrief
- Free, unlimited access to the AIChE eLibrary, featuring the Knovel® Engineering collection
- Unlimited access to LIVE and archived AIChE webinars
But wait, that’s not all! You also get
- Entrée to exclusive online member communities, Local Sections, Technical Divisions and Forums and Technological Communities
- Preferred rates on AIChE conferences — attend just one conference a year and your AIChE membership pays for itself
- Members-only group rates on comprehensive insurance products (in US)
- Substantial discounts on courses, conference recordings and webinars at the AIChE Academy
- Preferred member discounts at Office Depot®, Avis® and Hertz®, The UPS® Store, hotels and cruises, online shopping and more
- Savings on books, magazines and journals
An IDEAL Path to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Learn about how the IDEAL Path concept aims to give an equal opportunity to all who wish to join the chemical engineering community. Learn more.
Professional members enjoy the exclusive privileges and benefits of AIChE membership and shall also have the privileges of nominating and voting for officers and directors. They shall also have the privileges of holding office and of voting on amendments to this Constitution after 4 years as a member (a 4-year member).
If you are currently a professional member of AIChE, you may want to consider becoming a senior member. Senior members have the privilege of holding office, voting on amendments to the Constitution, nominating and voting for officers and directors. Being a Senior Member is a prerequisite for becoming an AIChE Fellow.A member may, after regular application and election, become a Senior Member.
Fellow is AIChE's highest grade of membership and is achieved only through election by the AIChE BOD, generally upon recommendation of the AIChE Admissions Committee through whom all nominations for election to Fellow are processed.A senior sember who has satisfied the Fellow Bylaw requirements and has demonstrated significant accomplishments in, and contributions to, the profession may be nominated for consideration to be elected Fellow.
AIChE Early Career Professionals - New B.S. Graduates have graduated from an undergraduate institution, new to the working world save on Early Career Professionals - New B.S. Graduate membership.
Graduate students working on Master's or PhD students, pursuing a career in chemical engineering or related engineering degrees save on Graduate Student membership.
Undergraduate student members enjoy the exclusive privileges and benefits that are common to all classes of membership, but not the privileges of nominating, voting, and holding office. A student member may not retain this class of membership beyond the end of the calendar year in which he or she is last enrolled as a student. Undergraduate students enjoy sponsored membership at no cost thanks to AIChE's ScaleUp program.