Center for PEAK Leadership - Developing our Society’s Leaders
- Course ID: PEAK
- Type: Face-to-Face Course
- Language: English
- Skill Level: Basic
- Duration: 2 hours
- PDHs: 6.00
Good news! The PEAK workshop is now being offered as an instructor-led virtual course.
The PEAK course is offered on the following date. Registration is now open. Cost of enrollment is $650.
- Dates for in-person to be determined.
PEAK stands for Providing Effective and Knowledgeable leadership, which is the goal of this program.
The overall program is based on best practices for leadership development training. It includes a face to face workshop (one or two are offered each year in conjunction with AIChE events) and then the use of online eLearning materials—to be taken at your convenience via AIChE Academy.
The PEAK Workshop addresses the 4 key themes of the program:
- Developing Personal Capabilities
- Working with Others
- Outcomes/Focusing on Results
- Setting a Clear Direction
In addition to learning invaluable leadership skills that apply to your volunteer work as well as your job, a side benefit is you will get to network and interact with other AIChE leaders in both appointed and elected roles.
Developing Personal Capabilities:
- Building Trust - A Key Leadership Skill
- Critically Thinking about Critical Thinking
- Gaining Commitment, Not Just Compliance: Effective Leadership Skills
- Improving Communications & Leadership Effectiveness by Leading with Questions
- Leading in a Volunteer Organization
- Navigating AIChE (Coming Soon)
- Improving Personal & Professional Creativity
Working with Others:
- Conflict Resolution: Facilitating Quality Decision Making
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Diversity and Volunteerism (Coming Soon)
- Effective Communication Based Leadership Skills to Lead a Voluntary Organization
- Effective Communication-Driven Leadership Skills in a Dynamic Global Market
- Working Across Distances: The Challenge of Global Teams
- Leading a Group through Strategic Planning
- Improving Gender Diversity and Inclusion (Coming Soon)
Outcomes/Focusing on Results:
- Completed Staff Work (Coming Soon)
- Effective Delegation