Find answers to questions about registration and refunds, tuition and fees, travel and lodging (for location-based courses), how eLearning courses work, how credits work, and more. Just click on the appropriate FAQ link below for eLearning or Public courses.
Q: I am a student and am unable to purchase a product that is free for students:
A: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying that you are currently a student and wish to purchase a product along with a link to what you would like to purchase.
If you are experiencing issues with the course, please review the questions below. If your question is not answered here, please contact eLearning@aiche.org for assistance. Please be sure to include course title, course number (ELAxxx), screenshots and any relevant detail.
- I have been locked out after failing the quiz three times
- Where do I find my eLearning Courses?
- I am unable to print my eLearning course completion certificate
- How long does a Course last?
- Can I revisit the content after I finish?
- Do I earn credit?
- What special software do I need?
- Can I print the slides or content?
- Do I have to be a member of AIChE to access these Courses?
- How can I propose a course?
- I would like to retake the course have an updated certificate
- Can I get help with the CCPS certification exam?
- How can I access a Learning Plan?
- Why do you have to enroll in each individual course in the learning plan after I have registered for the learning plan?
- Why are some of the courses on my Learning plan locked?
Q: I have been locked out after failing the quiz three times
A: Log out and close your browser. Log back in and when you get to the question about resuming where you left off, say ‘no’. That will allow you to retake the quiz/exam.
Q: Where do I find my eLearning Courses?
A: Go to www.aiche.org/academy and open the 'Courses' drop down. Click on 'My eLearning Courses'. On the next page, click on "Current Training" to access the Course you are taking or "Training History" to review past Courses. If you're experiencing issues, log out and close your browser. Open a new browser window and then go to AIChE Academy (https://www.aiche.org/academy).
Q: I am unable to print my eLearning course completion certificate
A: Once you’ve successfully completed your course in its entirety, (including the course evaluation) your Certificate will be made available to you. It will be located in the ‘recent training history’ section. From there you can view/print at your leisure. Please note that AIChE cannot issue hard copy of the Certificate via mail.
Q: How long does a Course last?
A: AIChE Academy eLearning Courses are self-paced and on-demand. Once you register you can access all of the lectures and quizzes at your own pace. And, you don't have to worry about finishing by a specific time. We do ask that you complete the Course within six months. The time commitment varies. See the individual Course pages for the length of each course.
Q: Can I revisit the content after I finish?
A: Yes, AIChE on-demand eLearning courses never expire. Your access to the content is permanent.
Q: Do I earn credit?
A: You will receive 1 Professional Development Hour for each hour of Course work. You will be able to print a Certificate after successful completion of the Course.
Q: What special software do I need?
- List of supported browsers & versions:
- Safari 4.1.3 and upwards
- Internet Explorer 9 and upwards
- Chrome 12.0.742 and upwards
- Firefox 3.5 and upwards
- Popup Blockers must be turned off
Q: Can I print the slides or content?
A: Yes, in most instances slides have been made available in PDFs and are found in the Resources tab. Feel Free to print them, but do not reproduce them for any use other than your own education.
Q: Do I have to be a member of AIChE to access these Courses?
A: No, but AIChE members do enjoy a discount on the Course fees. In addition, employees of CCPS member companies enjoy a discount on Courses sponsored by CCPS.
Q: How can I propose a course?
A: Complete this form.
Q: I would like to retake the course to have an updated certificate
A: The course will have to be repurchased to provide an updated certificate. Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like ot pursue this option.
Q: Can I get help with the CCPS certification exam?
A: Please contact the Exam Administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How can I access a Learning Plan?
A: Log in to your account then go to the Academy’s webpage and select “my stuff”. You will be brought to a page with all of the content you own. Select the learning plan of interest to be brought to your current training page. Select the learning plan from the learning plan section to see the required courses. Enroll in each listed course to complete the learning plan.
Q: Why do you have to enroll in each individual course in the learning plan after I have registered for the learning plan?
A: Enrollment in a learning plan does not provide access to course content but rather serves as a checklist of the courses you must take to fulfill the learning plan. Separate enrollment is required because the listed courses are independent courses grouped together for the learning plan.
Q: Why are some of the courses on my Learning plan locked?
A: Some learning plans restrict accessibility to courses in order to guide how users approach the course list. Completing the available course will unlock one or more courses until users finish the learning plan. Required courses will be noted on the learning plan’s course page. Users will enroll in the remaining courses through the learning plan section on current training page.
Q: How to resume a Learning Plan?
A: The current training page won’t reflect progress in a learning plan. Users have to select the learning plan to see the required courses and progress status.
Public Training FAQs
- How do I Register?
- Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
- What do I do if I can't make the scheduled course I registered for?
- What happens if I don’t show up?
- Can I see the refund policy?
Tuition and Fees
- Do I have to pay for my course before it begins?
- Is my tuition tax deductible?
- Does my tuition include meals?
- What if I’m not satisfied with the Course?
- Is there any way I can save money on my registration?
On-site, Travel and Lodging
- What are on-site check-in/registration and course hours?
- How should I dress?
- What do I do if I have Special Requirements?
- What should I do about my Personal Property while I’m at the course?
- Does AIChE make my travel and lodging arrangements?
Other Course Information
- Will I earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and/or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for this course?
- Are AIChE Public Training courses available for my In-Company Training needs?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
- How can I submit a proposal for teaching a course?
A: Register online at the AIChE Education portal. If you experience problems, please contact Customer Service at CustomerService@aiche.org or by phone 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the US).
Q: Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
A: AICHE confirms every course registration by email. If you have not received confirmation after registering, contact AIChE Customer Service at CustomerService@aiche.org or by phone 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the US).
Q: What do I do if I can't make the scheduled course I registered for?
A: If you are unable to attend a course you have registered for, simply send a substitute. You can also opt to transfer to another course with the same tuition. Or transfer your registration to a future session of the course you can’t make. Just call Customer Service to substitute or transfer: 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the US). Please note: All transfers are subject to space availability.
Q: What happens if I don’t show up?
A: Sorry, No Shows are responsible for payment and will be invoiced at full course price. Please see our refund policy below for more details.
AIChE Refund Policy
- Substitutions: No penalty, simply call us at 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the U.S.) and let us know so we can have the badge ready for your substitute.
- Transfers: Transfer to a future date with no penalty. However, transferring to a course and then cancelling will be subject to a $200 administrative charge per course.
- All Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
- Cancellations made up to 21 business days prior to the start date of the course : 100% refund
- Cancellations made 20 to 6 business days prior to the start date of the Course: Complete refund less $200 administrative charge
- Cancellations 5 to 0 days prior to the start date of the Course: No refund
No Shows: No Refund
Q: Do I have to pay for my course before it begins?
A: Receipt of payment is required for all registrants to attend their respective course. Registrants whose credit cards are declined will be contacted by an AIChE representative to confirm alternate payment options.
Q: Is my tuition tax deductible?
A: Training taken to maintain or improve professional skills is typically tax-deductible. Consult with your tax advisor for applicability.
Q: Does my tuition include meals?
A: Continental Breakfast is available each morning your course meets. Lunch is the responsibility of each attendee. In addition, there are scheduled mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks each Course day.
Q: What if I’m not satisfied with the Course?
A: You satisfaction is guaranteed. AIChE guarantees the quality of our Courses. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a Course you have attended, AIChE will refund your money in full. We can afford to make this Guarantee because we know our Courses will meet or exceed your expectations.
Q: Is there any way I can save money on my registration?
A: If you’re an AIChE Member you pay the lowest price. If you’re not already a member, consider joining and get a year of great benefits and savings on your registration. Better yet, take any AIChE Public Course and Get a 1-year Trial Membership FREE. To start your trial membership, just call AIChE Customer Service at 800.242.4363 (or 203.702.7660 outside US) within 30 days of completing a course.
Q: What are on-site check-in/registration and course hours?
A: Course hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm unless otherwise noted. Registration opens 30 minutes before the start time on Day One.
Q: How should I dress?
A: Casual business attire is appropriate. It is suggested that you bring a light sweater or jacket as many hotel rooms are cool.
Q: What do I do if I have Special Requirements?
A: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you have special needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.242.4363 (or 203.702.7660 outside US).
Q: What should I do about my Personal Property while I’m at the course?
A: Attendees are responsible for all personal belongings during the length of the course while in hotel and other meeting space; this includes all breaks, lunch, and overnight accommodations. AIChE does not assume responsibility for any missing or damaged articles. Please check with hotel staff if secure storage is required.
Q: Does AIChE make my travel and lodging arrangements?
A: No, and AIChE is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable airline tickets or the cancellation/change fees associated with canceling a flight. AIChE encourages attendees to call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US) to confirm whether a specific course is running before purchasing airline tickets. AIChE retains the right to cancel a course until 3 weeks prior to the scheduled presentation date.
Q: Will I earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and/or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for this course?
A: AIChE Courses award both Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and Continuing Education Units (CEUs). These are both used by Chemical Engineers as evidence of continuing professional education and competence. A Certificate will be sent to you after the Course.
Q: Are AIChE Public Training courses available for my In-Company Training needs?
A:Yes. If you have ten or more individuals interested in a specific course you can benefit from discounted rates and customized coursework. Contact AIChE In-Company Training at email@example.com to learn more about customized training options held at your place of business.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know?
- Statements made by instructors do not represent the position of AIChE
- No audio-recording or videotaping is permitted
- AIChE reserves the right to substitute an instructor(s)
- Course prices are subject to change without notice
- AIChE does not discriminate in employment, admission to membership, or admission of speakers or registrants to its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, mental illness, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or local law.
Q: How can I submit a proposal for teaching a course?
A: Complete the form accessible from this page.
- If you have watched a webinar and cannot locate the PDH certificate
- I have purchased a webinar and I am still unable to watch it in its entirety / webinar loops back to a certain timestamp
Q: If you have watched a webinar and cannot locate the PDH certificate
A: To download your PDH certificate, visit the webinar page and click on the link provided below the author biography. Please note that applicable PDHs are shown at the top of the page. If not shown, a certificate is unavailable.
Q: I have purchased a webinar and I am still unable to watch it in its entirety / webinar loops back to a certain timestamp
A: Visit the webinar page and “Click to refresh” near the Checkout window.