- Chapters 1 and 2 provide an introduction and discusses basic concepts.
- Chapter 3 deals with the use of the basic human senses for identifying hazards.
- Chapter 4 deals with different classes and categories of hazards.
- Chapter 5 deals with techniques and methodologies for identifying and evaluating hazards.
- Chapter 6 deals with making risk based decisions.
- Chapter 7 deals with follow-up and call to action.
- Chapter 8 deals with learning and continuous improvement.
- The Appendices provide references, case studies, hazard presentations and additional pictures.
Check out relevant training "Hazard Identification for Operators and Maintenance Workers Second Edition"
Errata sheet for A Practical Approach to Hazard Identification for Operations and Maintenance Workers
- Abbreviation PGI stands for Planned General Inspection
- Page 172 table 5-6 under "safeguards" change 3.4.1 to 3.3.2 and change 3.5.1 to 3.4.1