Prevent operational incidents and reduce risks with an essential CCPS guide
You can help your company reduce its operating risks by learning how to effectively manage transient operations and avoid major incidents. Startups and shutdowns, known as transient operations, can be high-risk periods for manufacturing facilities. Guidelines for Process Safety During Transient Operations offers useful guidance in preparing for the safe startup and shutdown of chemical processes. With an understanding of the risks involved, you can work proactively to prevent fatalities, serious injuries, reduced productivity, and costly damage.
This essential guide for plants provides clear examples of how to anticipate and avoid major issues. The book examines safe shutdown procedures in the event of an emergency. You will also gain direction on how to resume operations safely after an unexpected shutdown. The book supports anyone tasked with regulating and overseeing chemical plants and procedures, whether you are an engineer, manager, or government professional.
- Minimize operating risks through the effective management of transient operations
- Establish safe start-up and shutdown procedures for chemical processes
- Be ready to safely shut down processes in the event of an emergency
- Learn from real world examples of start-up or shutdown incidents
- Review procedures and engineering controls that help prevent or reduce the effects of incidents involving transient operations
Guidelines for Process Safety comes to you from The Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS), which offers advanced thinking in the critical area of process safety. The organization develops technology and management practices for companies seeking to reduce hazards within the chemical and petrochemical industries.
Note: AIChE members now enjoy a 35% discount on all books.
options and prices, click the button below.