Login to see members-only documents at the end of this page (e.g., meeting agenda, meeting slide, and documents, etc.).
Note: This workshop registration is by invitation only
Workshop Theme: Effectively Managing Reactive Chemistry Risks
Multidisciplinary product/Process R&D and Manufacturing Process Design Teams dealing with chemical synthesis processes face many challenges related to process chemistry, process economics, process design/safety, schedule, and product market uncertainty on the road to commercializing chemical products (individual chemical or polymer entities or formulated products).
Presenters in this session will continue to address questions concerning inherently safer design (how to Minimize, Moderate, Substitute & Simplify the process) and to answer some of the 20 questions listed in the table at the end of this flyer for managing Reactive Chemistries to ensure that chemical research & development/process design/ manufacturing teams involved with chemical synthesis processes:
- Ask the RIGHT Questions at the RIGHT TIMES,
- Have the RIGHT data to answer the questions,
- Have the RIGHT people with the appropriate competencies to analyze/interpret/use the data for making good risk decisions.
- Pharma/Food/Fine Chemicals Subcommittee—Welcome & General Announcements
- Gary Amideneau CCPS Staff Liaison
- A Process Safety Moment (4min)
- Jerry L Jones, PE Session Moderator
- Introduction of Reactive Chemistry Topics to Be Addressed at This Session & Possible Future Topics (4 min)
- Bruce Bullough, CCPSC, Pfizer Session Moderator
- Identifying & Managing Risks Associated with Energetic/Shock Sensitive Compounds in Synthesis Processes (35 min)
- Jeffrey Sperry PhD, Director Process Chemistry, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Efficiently Conducting Effective PHAs for Batch Synthesis Processes in Multiproduct Facilities (35 min)
- James Torres, CFSE, W.R. Grace & Co
- Improving Safety & Driving Sustainability When Designing Chemical Processes in Pharma & Allied Industries--Some Helpful Tools from the ACS Green Chemistry Institute (25 minutes)
- Isamir Martinez PhD, Scientific Alliances and Business Engagement Manager, American Chemical Society (ACS) Green Chemistry Institute®