In a Committed Culture, executives involve themselves personally, managers and supervisors drive excellent execution every day, and all employees maintain a sense of vigilance and vulnerability.
What does it mean in 20/20?
All employees and contractors commit to “do it right” and have a plan for when it goes wrong.
- Executives personally and visibly lead process safety.
- Operators and mechanics diligently follow procedures and speak up when they suspect a problem or see an opportunity for improvement.
- Supervisors and managers verify work is done properly, intervene to correct situations, and openly communicate negative news to management.
What is the value?
- Doing “the right thing, the right way” shift after shift, day in and day out, prevents incidents.
- A Committed Culture supports both safe AND reliable operations.
What can I do?
- Perform all tasks, correctly, every time.
- Support your leadership in demonstrating a commitment to process safety.
- Recognize that “it could happen here…”