This CCPS Concept book shows designers and operators of chemical facilities how to realistically estimate the flammable mass in a cloud of accidentally released material that is capable of igniting. It provides information on industry experience with flammable vapor clouds, basic concepts of fires and explosions, and an overview of related computer programs.
Chapter 5.2, page 151, Equation 5.9: Put left bracket after 0.249 and right bracket after 1.041. This makes it consistent with page 246 after the corrections listed below.
- In Equation I.12, the first two exp should be erf, but not the ones within square brackets.
- In Equation I.11, the denominator term for v should be c-subscript LFL instead of c-subscript UFL
- Top line correction to Eq J.3: remove the <0.1 term.
- Second line, should be for 1/L <or = (use the symbol for this that I can't type in Email) 0
- Equation J.6: subscript to f should be z2 .
- Equation J.6: inside brackets should have 1/L + C6 instead of 1/L - C6.