Gain the process safety knowledge you need to be effective in your career. In this online course, you’ll gain a broad overview of what process safety is, why it is important and its applications in the process industries.
Process safety is a top priority for any company operating in the chemical and allied industries yet it doesn’t always receive the attention it should. Now you can understand why process safety is vital and learn what important questions you should be asking as you start your career as a practicing engineer.
Take this course and start to build your process safety knowledge base. You’ll learn key facets of fundamental topics including hazard identification, inherently safer design, mechanical integrity and emergency response planning. In addition you’ll have a framework for deciding what additional areas of process safety you can learn about as your career progresses.
After taking this course, you’ll be able to:
Any young professional engineer just getting started in their engineering career, especially in:
• Overview of the Process Safety Management Rule, OSHA 1910.119
• Drivers that influenced the rule
• Requirements of specific sections of the rule
• RAGAGEP – Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices
• Introduction to Codes, Standards and Practices for PSM Compliance
• Industry standards for PSM compliance
• API standards
• ASME code
• ANSI codes
• ASTM codes
• Company standards and practices
• Implementing PSM using industry standards