A novel feature of the Summit is a Leadership Forum, where Industry leaders participate in open discussion, where they express their vision on the future of process safety and share their experiences on how they drive Process Safety within their organization.
The outcome of the discussions in the leadership forum will presented to the delegates in a plenary session announcing a call for action.
Moderator: Louisa Nara- CCPS Global Technical Director
- Er. Lucas Ng HK, General Manager-Plant; Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore
- Madam Sulo Belawan; General Manager- PSM, PETRONAS
- Mr. S.P. Garg; Executive Director-HSE, GAIL (India) Ltd.
- Tomohide Miyata, Director; Senior Vice President; Managing Executive Officer - Safety, Health & Environment Department, Quality Assurance Department, Central Technical Research Laboratory; JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation
- Dr. Yoshihiro Fujikata; General Manager, Technology and Engineering Center, Idemitsu Kosan Co.
- Ms. Beth Ballard; Vice President; Global Supply Chain, SHE, Ecolab Inc.
- Mr. Srinivasan, Ramabhadran; Asia Pacific Regional Director, Dupont Sustainable Solutions, Singapore
- Mr. Jean M. Bruney; Global OE/HES Manager, Chevron Oronite
- Mr. Haris Farooqi; Asia Operations Director, Air Products and Chemicals
- Mr. Michael Cronqvist; Site Director, Celanese Singapore
- Mr. Patrick W Mahan; Staff Vice President and Principal Engineer, FM Global,
- Mr. Richard Emerson; Manufacturing Director BST; Bangkok Synthetics Company Ltd.
- Mr. Poramate Chairat, Sustainability Development Director, SCG Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Shakeel Kadri; Executive Director, CCPS
Anticipated Schedule / Agenda
1:15 – 2:30 Opening Statements
- 10 minutes – Ms. Louisa Nara to provide opening remarks and 60 second introduction for each Leader based on bio submitted (if you have not yet submitted one, please do so).
- 5 minutes / leader x 13 leaders for their opening remarks – time constraint strictly enforced.
- Each Leader will have 5 minutes to present opening remarks prior to our discussion. You do not need to have slides, but if you wish to have 1 or 2 slides, please submit them to me prior to the session. Alternatively, you can send an email with bullet points and I will add those to slides for our session.
Topics to include:
- Current challenges (that you or your company face relating to Process Safety).
- Expectations of the industries (what you need from the industry).
- Strategies to balance process safety while delivering high return to stakeholders.
2:30 – 3:00 Coffee Break
3:00 – 3:45 – Open Discuss – Common Themes for Leaders; Areas of Potential Collaboration; Regional Activities to support Process Safety Excellence.
Discussion points can include:
- Changing the mindset from Compliance to Commitment.
- Process Safety Culture in your company and the keys to success.
- How you lead by example for continuous improvement in process safety.
- Incident Investigations and how they are working in your company
- Where CCPS can help in obtain your process safety goals.
- Items suggested from the floor.
3:45 – 4:15 – Agreement on ideas / issues/ topics to be presented to all participants on Day -2 @ 8.45-9.20, “Call for Action” – By Louisa Nara & Designated Leadership Forum Leader.
4:15 – 4:45 – Review of forum and path forward / action items.