Improving Operations and Safety with Advanced Analytics
- Type: Archived Webinar
- Level: Basic
- Duration: 1 hour
- PDHs: 0.00
In most companies, owners do not have a full understanding of their most critical risks to manage and are continually frustrated when they see different analyses of the same risks. Further, they use different mitigation strategies, and it can be difficult to share best practices across silos using traditional methods. Inconsistencies like this cost money and may leave a company exposed to risk.
Digitalization and technology have vastly improved operations and modernized risk management programs around the world. With advanced analytics and visualization tools processing your risk data, your safety culture is driven to the next level with real data and analytics, supporting further growth awareness within your organization. Using tens of millions of risk learnings from other professionals worldwide means you can identify if your organization has missed any significant threats, impacts, or safeguarding strategies. Then you can optimize risk and deploy your financial resources and human capital where it matters most and more effectively than ever before.
Process Safety Management expert Owaiz Ebrahim will be discussing two main areas where analytics can provide meaningful enhancements:
- Facility specific analytics. Understanding the most critical threats and safeguards in a given unit/facility supports operational and executive decisions.
- Comparative analytics. Learn how to maintain decades of risk assessment data and provide new employees with past insights and stop the loss of company knowledge.
What problems will this webinar help you solve/avoid?
- Communicating critical risk information can be challenging. Using visualization and analytics techniques break down any barriers and make process safety easy for everyone to understand.
- Capturing the knowledge of senior professionals and completing the knowledge transfer to younger people coming into industry is easy with analytics. Everything is captured in the risk data.
What will you learn?
- Understand the true value of risk assessment data
- Innovative approaches to leveraging industry data in HAZOP/ PHA/ LOPA
- New ways to communicate risk
- Apply technology and risk data to influence preventative maintenance
- Analyze corrective actions and MOCs, prioritizing recommendations using analytics
- Use analytics and bowties to plan critical defeat/ bypass/ impairments
- Leverage risk data to drive better day-to-day operational decisions
Owaiz is a Customer Success Lead at Risk Alive Analytics Inc. For over five years, he has helped clients in the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries achieve Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance through on-site work for a number of their facilities and quite recently, leveraged data analytics to achieve the same. Owaiz graduated with a Masters in Chemical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and is a certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with the Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE).
He currently engages with clients and helps them implement and integrate...Read more
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|