Detect and Prevent Costly Spills with Double Contained Piping Systems
- Type: Archived Webinar
- Level: Basic
- Duration: 1 hour
- PDHs: 0.00
Get up-to-date on the latest technologies for preventing and detecting costly leaks and spills. Take this webinar to explore pre-engineered double contained piping systems and how to choose and specify a fail-safe system to safeguard against unexpected releases in the future.
In this webinar, you’ll learn what a double contained piping system is, along with important design and installation considerations, and how to use this system in your safety applications. You’ll get up-to-speed on EPA requirements as well as non-regulatory applications and industrial settings. This webinar covers everything from thermoplastics to spill prevention to illustrate double containment systems for a variety of applications. By the end of the session, you’ll have a new understanding of how to prevent costly or unsafe spills or leaks using a pre-engineered double contained piping system that benefits the owner, the installer and maintenance teams.
- What double contained pipping systems are
- How to use double contained piping for risk mitigation in mandatory and optional applications
- The benefits of double contained piping systems over traditional secondary containment
- Design and installation considerations for double contained piping systems
- What you need to know about leak detection and monitoring methods
- How to decide whether to choose a "pre-engineered” double containment system or field-fabricated
Stephanie Heffernan has been with IPEX as an Applications Engineer for three years. She received her Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering degree from McMaster University and is currently seeking P. Eng. Designation. Previously, she held leadership roles in various areas of the manufacturing industry, including food and beverages and zirconium tubing used in nuclear power. She is an expert on industry safety standards and programs and, in her current role, advocates for safety through education on piping products and their applications, one of which is double containment piping systems....Read more
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|