Panel Discussion - Future of Olefins
- Type: Conference Presentation
- Conference Type: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Presentation Date: August 18, 2020
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- PDHs: 1.00
Olefins industry has been historically used to cyclic nature of business following the economic cycles. The regional growth has been driven by the regions with demand side or by advantaged feedstock. There are many historical and unique factors at play that will influence the future of olefins industry. In this session, we have invited industry leaders to share their ideas and thoughts about the factors that can significantly impact the industry in mid to long term. Some of the factors that may drive the future include:
- Historical factors like GDP growth, population growth, urbanization trends, quality of life improvements etc.
- Geo-political factors like trade barriers, tensions in Middle East, sanctions etc.
- Environmental pressures like recycling/recovery of plastics, carbon taxation/greenhouse gas emissions, ban of single use plastics etc.
- Changing energy dynamics driven by focus of oil majors away from fuels to petrochemicals
- Large and complex facilities with high capital intensity resulting in challenges to develop, build and operate them safely and achieving desired performance and financial outcomes
- Disruptive technologies like shale developments, transportation systems, sharing platforms, alternate energy sources etc.
Once the content has been viewed and you have attested to it, you will be able to download and print a certificate for PDH credits. If you have already viewed this content, please click here to login.
|AIChE Member Credits||0.5|
|AIChE Fuels and Petrochemicals Division Members||Free|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|