Implementing LOPA in a Global Organization
- Type: Conference Presentation
- Conference Type: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Presentation Date: August 19, 2020
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- PDHs: 0.40
LOPA is better used as a comparison tool than as an absolute measure of risk. For LOPA results to be comparable, common standards need to be used within the LOPA technique. The presentation will cover some of the methods used to embed LOPA practices including:
- Guidance using worked examples.
- Templates for similar equipment.
- Using an internal LOPA governance board to review complicated LOPAs.
- Use of common software.
- Strong interfaces between LOPA and safety instrumented function (SIF) development.
|AIChE Member Credits||0.5|
|Employees of CCPS Member Companies||Free|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|