Fundamental Properties and Simulation Results - The Importance of Having the Foundation Correct
- Type: Conference Presentation
- Conference Type: Southwest Process Technology Conference
- Presentation Date: October 9, 2014
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- PDHs: 0.50
- Most simulations are done using models based in equations of state. The quality of the parameters (Tc, Pc, and acentric factor) used by most equations of state can lead to success or failure of the model.
- Two case studies will be presented where errors in the fundamental data resulted in significant errors in the model.
- Based on a compilation of case studies by Henry Z. Kister in Distillation Design, about one out of six problems in separations are caused by fundamental issues with the quality of the model; while the other five out of six are caused by mistakes during design, fabrication, installation, or operation.
- Fixing the model is usually cheaper than retrofitting the column.
Once the content has been viewed and you have attested to it, you will be able to download and print a certificate for PDH credits. If you have already viewed this content, please click here to login.
|AIChE Member Credits||0.5|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|