Accelerating Time to Competency in an Industry 5.0 World
- Type: Conference Presentation
- Conference Type: AIChE Annual Meeting
- Presentation Date: November 7, 2021
- Duration: 23 minutes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- PDHs: 0.50
This paper discusses how companies such as Shell are deploying more personalized worker experiences to serve the new industrial agenda of achieving the goals of both, the enterprise as well as continually ensure the welfare of humans. Specifically, the paper discusses how:
- Experiential simulation-based learning strategies such as Operator Training Simulators have become more mobile, on-demand and collaborative in order to drive more personalized worker experiences
- AI infused microlearning tailored to industrial operations staff is used to build upon an individualâs learning profile, identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely reinforcement learning content
- Virtual Reality platforms can be used to address behavioral needs, where frontline staff can be trained and evaluated on decision-making and real-time choices when faced with unexpected or infrequent situations in the simulated plant. Using real-life scenarios, these solutions can help instill responsible behavior and boost safety performance across both assets and teams
- Microsoft Power Apps now allow citizen development of solutions by those closest to the opportunity.
The age of mass personalization within an Industry 5.0 world is here and will undoubtedly seeks to achieve large-scale impact, one individual at a time.
|AIChE Member Credits||0.5|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|