The Journal of Advanced Manufacturing and Processing is a peer-reviewed, online journal of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) focused on capturing leading-edge manufacturing techniques and technologies that reduce costs, save energy, and create solutions that address societal needs.
The journal includes research articles, reviews and mini-reviews, and commentaries that apply chemical engineering principles and foundational knowledge to showcase the developments in and interdisciplinary nature of advanced manufacturing. Submissions that connect research advances to manufacturing metrics specific to the concerns they are addressing — climate, waste, and health — along with traditional economic measures are encouraged.
See the press release about the journal's inaugural issue here.
Topics in Journal of Advanced Manufacturing and Processing include:
Chemical Manufacturing and Processing
- Process intensification
- Process systems engineering (including process optimization and control)
- Modeling and simulation
- Batch-to-continuous processing
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Renewable chemicals and fuels
- Remanufacturing and recycling systems
- Sensors and sensing technology
- Automation and control
- Additive manufacturing
- Energy productivity
- Artificial Intelligence
Biological and Biochemical Manufacturing
- Biopharmaceutical processing
- Cell manufacturing and cell therapies
- Gene therapies
- Tissue engineering, manufacturing, and printing
- Vaccine manufacturing