Be a part of a vibrant community who share your passions.
- Gain an international professional network
- Receive discounts on leading biological engineering conferences
- Access first-hand information from academic and industrial experts
But wait, that’s not all! You also get
- Enjoy SBE's monthly e-newsletter Connections
- Semi-annual BioSupplement to Chemical Engineering Progress (CEP)
- Realize a voice in education, employment and technology advancement topics
- Webinars featuring cutting edge topics covered by the current experts
All new members to SBE will receive a free t-shirt upon joining.
T-shirts are only eligible for new professional SBE members (all professional members who have not been a member of SBE in the last 3 years) who joins at the $75/year member rate. New members eligible will receive an email selecting their size and shipping address after the membership transition is complete. If you have questions, please email email@example.com. Offer ends February 28, 2021.
Join SBE and AIChE
- AIChE members get a significant discount on SBE membership – plus all of the rewards of belonging to the organization run by chemical engineers for chemical engineers. In addition to the SBE member benefits listed above, AIChE members enjoy:
- Professional network—Meet fellow ChemEs in local sections, student chapters or the members-only online community
- Discounts on the leading chemical engineering conferences—If you attend just one conference the savings covers your annual dues
- CEP (Chemical Engineering Progress)—Get it delivered to your mailbox or desktop every month
- Career and Employment Services—Visit CareerEngineer to search for new positions (or new employees) or use ExecuPlanet for career planning and job search tools
- Personal Financial Benefits—Portable group plans, professional liability insurance, financial and educational planning, credit cards and auto rental discounts
SBE Membership Options
Regardless of your career stage, SBE membership is one of the best ways to connect with your peers and receive discounted rates on leading chemical engineering conferences.