Teams are responsible for completing the competition entry process in its entirety by the submission deadline in order to be eligible to compete. To submit your team’s entry, you will need to complete the online Global Student Video Competition Entry Form, following all form instructions and providing all required items.
Click here to view all Global Student Video Competition Entry Form instructions and list of required fields.
Please note that Wufoo limits the maximum size of each uploaded item to 25 MB, and places a combined limit of 100 MB on multiple uploaded items submitted via the same form. Click here to test uploading your team's completed video submission, copyright statement form, and safe experimentation form (if applicable) prior to submitting your official entry. Testing is optional, but recommended.
Ready to submit your video?
Click here to begin the online Global Student Video Competition Entry Form.
Competition Deadlines and Important Dates
|Topic announcement at the Annual Student Conference*
|Video submission deadline
||June 15, 2019
|Team voting begins
||September 1, 2019
|Team voting ends
||October 15, 2019
|2019 winners announced*
*Attendance at the Annual Student Conference is not required to compete.
Video Qualification Criteria
You will be judged on the following qualifications:
- Video length of 2-5 minutes
- Video narration must be in English OR video must include English subtitles
- University name and team name are written in the first frame of the video
- Less than 25MB in size
- YouTube compatible video format
- No copyright violations (read Competition's Copyright Rules)
- Original content and creativity
- Accuracy and relevancy of technical content and communication of that content to the proper audience
- Presentation quality
Additional Qualification Criteria
- All team members are active AIChE undergraduate student members at the time of submission
- Team has completed all submission requirements by the specified deadline
Each university can create as many videos as they wish for submission into each category; however, a university will only be eligible to win a maximum of two (2) awards.
Competition's Copyright Rules
Upon submission of each video, teams will need to confirm that they have read, reviewed and adhered to the Competition's Copyright Rules.
Tips on a successful competition video:
Who are the judges?
The final evaluators for the Judges' Choice award will consist of individuals from different fields of expertise to ensure fair evaluation as well as to foster interest of experts from other disciplines in the chemical engineering activities.
Team Voting Process
All competition videos will be posted on the Global Undergraduate Student Video Competition YouTube page. An email announcement will be made to all participating team captains with instructions for casting the team's vote once the team voting period is open.
Each participating team will be eligible to cast one vote for another participating team’s entry, with the following exclusions:
- Teams cannot cast their vote for their own entry
- Teams cannot cast their vote for another entry from the same university
Winning videos will be those with the most number of votes.
Questions? Email us at AIChE.GSC@gmail.com.