Join our virtual presentation and panel discussion on unconscious bias and why it matters in STEM and Engineering.
August 10th, 1:00 - 3:30 PM EST
Welcome & Introduction
Cynthia Murphy-Ortega, Manager of University Partnerships & Association Relations, Chevron
Dr. Sindia Rivera-Jimenez, Lecturer, Department of Engineering Education and Affiliate Faculty, Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Florida
Overview of research and its applicability in workplaces, academia, and communities
- Engineering data sets
- Demographic trends
Define key Diversity, Equity and Inclusion terms
- Develop deeper understanding of the intersection of diversity, equity and inclusion
- What is Unconscious Bias?
- How does it impact interactions in the workplace and academic environments
- Learn techniques to avoid common pitfalls and strategies to lessen frequency
Summation and Q&A
Panel Discussion, Courageous Conversations
A practical discussion on diversity in professional settings featuring experiences from industry and academia.
- Niall Sugrue, Engineering Lead, Merck
- Zenaida Otero Gephardt, Professor, Rowan University
This workshop is valued at $250 and is being offered to AIChE members for $25. Visit https://www.aiche.org/giving to learn more. Seats are limited, and pre-registration is recommended.