Congratulations on being accepted to present at the AIChE Annual Meeting!
The AIChE Annual Meeting is accomplished by participation of all who attend the conference and we look forward to the the wealth of knowledge and discussion at this year's Annual Meeting. Make sure to tell people you're attending the 2021 AIChE Annual Meeting using the special social media hashtag, #AIChEAnnual.
Click the + next to each topic to learn more about presenting at the AIChE Annual Meeting.
Access your submissions in Confex by logging into the Gateway with your AIChE Account: https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2021/gateway.cgi
- Intent to Present Confirmation Due: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Paper/Slide Submission for Proceedings Due: Sunday, November 21, 2021
Congratulations on being accepted to present at the AIChE Annual Meeting! Make sure to complete these important steps to ensure your participation at the event.
- Notify all co-authors of the acceptance. Acceptance notices have only been sent to presenting authors.
- If your plans have changed and you can no longer attend the Meeting, please contact your session chairs and firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to withdraw.
- Access and Familiarize Yourself with Your Speaker Center. Log into the Gateway with your AIChE Account: https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2021/gateway.cgi
- See below for detailed Speaker Center instructions
- Need an invitation letter? A personalized letter can be generated for presenting authors in Confex via the speaker center. If co-authors require visa letters, please contact email@example.com with co-author information (name, affiliation, email and any other information required in the letter).
If you require an invitation letter to the Student Conference, please send this request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for the conference. All speakers and contributors are expected to register for the Meeting on a paid basis. AIChE's registration policy is available here. AIChE does not have a grant program that awards funding towards meeting registration or other related expenses.
- Book your hotel. Book early as rooms at the negotiated rate will become unavailable quickly.
Here are some more detailed instructions for accessing your Speaker Center functions.
To get started, you can log into the Gateway with your AIChE Account: https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2021/gateway.cgi
You should see links to your Speaker Center and associated Entries for your profile.
In your Speaker Center you can...
- Confirm you intend to present by clicking on your presentation title under "My Presentations"
- Select your response from the radio buttons and be sure to click Save
- Edit the Author List for your submission
- You can edit, delete, or adjust the order for authors of your submission directly in the Speaker Center by pressing the buttons next to their name
- Submit a full paper or presentation slides
- Navigate to the "Upload Final Paper / Extended Abstract" section
- Click on the "Upload Final Paper / Extended Abstract" button, a pop-up should appear
- Upload your PDF file and Save
- Submit your Permission for including your Recording in the Permanent Archives
- Select the Permisison option in the menu and enter your information to affirm permission
- Upload your Speaker Bio
- Upload your Speaker Photo
- Venues: All in-person technical sessions will be held at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, Sheraton Boston, and Marriott Boston Copley Place. All virtual technical sessions will be held as live Zoom events on a dedicated virtual platform.
A/V: A projector, screen, laptop and podium will be available in each meeting room. Microphones will only be provided in select rooms. Please be sure to bring your presentation on a USB drive.
The projector aspect ratio will be 16:9.
- Please check out the Frequently Asked Questions for more resources and information about the meeting.
Guidelines and Templates
- The Annual Meeting Powerpoint template can be downloaded here. If you do not want to use this template, we suggest that you make your slides 16:9 format. Additional suggested guidelines can be found here.
- Poster Session Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
We would like to invite all authors to submit a paper (~7-8 pages) or a pdf of their presentation/poster to be included in the Meeting online proceedings. To submit your presentation/paper, you must upload it via the speaker center. Suggested guidelines for this document can be found here.
Virtual Meeting Backgrounds
Want an Annual Meeting or AIChE background? Check out our page of virtual meeting backgrounds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have other questions that aren't answered here? Check out the Annual Meeting FAQ.