To promote the integration of biology with engineering and realize its benefits through bioprocessing, biomedical and biomolecular applications.
- To make the AIChE Society for Biological Engineering the professional association of choice for engineers and applied scientists with interest in the broad area of biological engineering.
- To provide opportunities for the successful interaction of engineers and scientists.
- To develop products and services which are cost effective, relevant, and bring value to the broad biological engineering community.
Catalyzing the future…
- To infuse awareness of biological engineering among all functions and activities of AIChE, in particular; continuing education, membership, government relations, meeting programming (especially co-programming and alliances with other organizations) and publications.
- To raise interest, understanding, and recognition of engineers’ and scientists’ roles in biological engineering.