The virtual section functions much as any local section does:
- Hold monthly meetings to encourage the professional growth of chemical engineers.
- Opportunity for networking by attendees at monthly meetings.
- Serve our local communities, states, country and world using our hands, heads and hearts.
- The virtual section isn't limited by geography so geographically isolated ChEs can be supported.
There are some differences that make us unique:
Our vision: No Chemical Engineer Left Behind
What VLS is
- A Local Section with a charter and bylaws
- Monthly meetings with monthly programming
- Allow viewing of archived meetings
What VLS isn’t
- No geographic boundaries
- Supported but not tied to local sections
- We don’t want to be a second option for people to choose from
- We don’t want to be a second webinar timeslot
- AIChE members without access to a local section
- Process Engineers who often aren't well supported professionally by their companies
- Young professionals