About and Join
Chartered: 2009 | Annual dues are $7.
- If you're already a member of AIChE, you will be prompted to enter your AIChE username and password to join this section.
- If you are not an AIChE member, but wish to join the division please join AIChE and add this section during the membership join process.
The Education Division promotes the education of chemical engineers as it pertains to educational research, scholarly teaching, and applications to include the broader endeavors which encompass education, such as those which are part of the Division's programming commitment.
The objectives of the Division are to:
- Provide a focal point for members with interests in educational methods and their assessment, the scholarship of education including both practice and theory and outreach activities regarding chemical engineering education
- Recognize educational achievements of AIChE members through awards and honor
- Encourage chemical engineering educators to strengthen their own learning in the field of engineering education and on the development of appropriate curricular material focused for the ever-diversifying field of chemical engineering.
- Provide a high-profile home for programming and activities related to educational research and teaching within the chemical engineering community performed by Institute members
- Encourage, through programming and other activities, the training of chemical engineering graduate students in chemical engineering educational methods
The division is governed by its bylaws and its board.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Why have an Education Division in AIChE?
A: This Division enables the membership of AIChE to engage in a broader range of activities supporting chemical engineering education than a programming group can on its own. Beyond programming, the Education Division operates committees related to Curriculum and Course Surveys, K-12 programs, Ed Div Webinars, Future Faculty programs, Membership, and Awards.
Q: How can I get involved?
A: Contact one of the Board Members, or come to the Business Meeting on Tuesday during the AIChE Annual Meeting. We are always looking for enthusiastic folks to become active contributors.