This award recognizes an outstanding individual who has made a substantial contribution to the management and leadership of engineers involved in the field of chemical engineering. Nominees should be prepared to give a presentation on an important management topic of their choice at the next Annual Meeting if selected.
- Awards are administered by a committee of the AIChE Management Division which reviews all applications and recommends nominees for confirmation by the AIChE Management Division's Board.
OPTIONAL: The nomination process can be started by electronically submitting a CV or Resume of the proposed nominee early if you wish feedback from the Awards Committee before preparing the complete nomination package. This is an optional step and not a requirement.
- A complete nomination package using this form should include a professional history of the nominee (brief curricula vitae if not previously provided) as well as a summary of the nominee’s accomplishments which specifically detail how the nominee meets the criteria of the award. Identification of the specific work on which the nomination is based and an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments, particularly the work to be recognized by the award in question, are of great importance.
- Supporting letters, from the Nominator and at least one Endorser citing specific contributions and the reasons for their value are required. Additional Endorsers up to a maximum of four Endorsers are encouraged. Letters from Endorsers should address first-hand knowledge of specific career achievements and not simply reiterate the same material already included in the nomination package.
- Submittal of the nomination form and supporting materials to the Division Awards Committee Chair shall be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The award will generally be awarded annually but only if qualified nominations have been received. This determination is solely at the discretion of the Management Division Awards Committee and the Management Division Board. Awards are presented at a special session, luncheon, or dinner meeting held at the next AIChE Annual Meeting.
- Award recognition appears in member publications, meeting program books, and website listings.
- Renomination of nominees is encouraged; all submitted nomination packages are active for three years (subject to reconfirmation by the Nominator who is expected to update or supplement the original submission).
- Demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and achievements that have markedly benefited both society and the profession of chemical engineering. Specific criteria that should be addressed in the nomination package include the following:
- A) Management and leadership techniques
- B) Work responsibility
- C) Contribution to chemical engineering management
- D) Professional involvement
- E) University and Society affiliations
- F) Awards and recognitions
- The nominee should be a manager in a field utilizing chemical engineering (e.g., engineering, design & construction, project or process development, manufacturing operations, R&D, sales and marketing, etc.).
- Nominees need not be a member of AIChE
Nomination Packet (Documents)
|Deadline||March 31, 2023|
|Administrators||Management Division (MGMT)|
|Presentation||The award is presented at the AIChE Annual Meeting.|
|Nomination Instructions|| |
Submit applications or ask questions by writing to email@example.com
|Sponsors||DuPont de Nemours, Inc.|