Accepted Author’s Guide
What you'll find on this page:
- What you need to do after you've been accepted
- What you will want to know about logistics
- Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Full Papers
- Publications & Indexing
- How to submit your paper or slides for proceedings
- How to contact your session chairs
- How to withdraw your presentation
8th World Congress on Particle Technology Dates & Deadlines
- Final Program Posted: January 2018
- Acceptance Notices Sent: January 2018
- Draft Full Paper Submission Deadline: April 2018
- Final Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 2018
- Online Proceedings Posted: August 2018
What you need to do after you've been accepted:
- Notify all co-authors of the acceptance.
- Register for the conference. All speakers and contributors are expected to register for the Meeting on a paid basis. AIChE's registration policy is available here. AIChE does not have a grant program that awards funding towards meeting registration or travel expenses.
- Book your hotel. Book early as rooms at the negotiated rate will become unavailable quickly.
- For presenting authors requiring a visa to the U.S., a personalized visa letter can be generated in Confex. Follow the link included in your acceptance letter. We are unable to directly contact embassies or various officials on your behalf.
- If co-authors require visa letters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with co-author information (name, affiliation, email and any other information required in the letter). We are unable to directly contact embassies or various officials on their behalf.
What you will want to know about logistics:
- Venues: All technical sessions will be held at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, FL.
- A/V: A projector, screen, and podium will be available in each meeting room. Microphones will only be provided in select rooms. AIChE does not provide computers in all function rooms, so please plan to bring a laptop or make arrangements with your session chairs to use their computer and bring your presentation on a flash drive.
- Projector Aspect Ratio at the 8th World Congress on Particle Technology: 16:9
- HDMI Connections will be standard. If you need a converter for VGA to HDMI, please let us know at email@example.com and include your session title, date, time, and location.
- Questions on A/V? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The optional slide/PowerPoint template for the World Congress on Particle Technology can be downloaded here: Optional WCPT8 PPT Template
- Suggested guidelines can be found here.
- The timing of each presentation varies based on the session. Specific date, time, and location are included in your acceptance email and can also be found in the online technical program.
- The timing of each presentation includes time of questions and answers, so please take that into account when creating your presentation.
Poster presentations are being held as a part of the Technical Program of the World Congress on Particle Technology. The Poster Sessions will complement the visual presentations. The posters should address additional facets of Particle Technology and provide the setting for an informal exchange of views and information, free from the time and other constraints of oral presentations.
- There is no poster template for the World Congress on Particle Technology.
- Poster Title: The poster title should appear across the top of the poster in letters no smaller than 72 font.
- Your Name Here: The name of the author(s) should appear immediately below the title, in letters no smaller than 36 font.
- Identifying the Presenter: In the event of multiple authors, the name of the presenting author should be underlined on the poster.
- Poster Submission+Presentation: The title of the poster and the sequential arrangement of the author names should be the same on the poster as was listed on the poster abstract. Poster abstracts can be edited after submission by contacting email@example.com, and referencing your abstract number.
- Poster Board Size: The live display of poster boards is 3.75 feet wide x 3.75 feet tall (110 cm x 110 cm). Please make sure your poster is slightly smaller so that it fits in the space.
- Printing & Bringing your Poster: Poster Presenters are responsible for bringing their posters to the conference. AIChE will not be able to print the posters. Please check the venue websites for information on printing services available.
- Poster Setup: Each poster presenter will have an assigned space. You will be able to set up your poster approximately one hour before the session starts. Please do not set up your poster earlier as it may cause confusion with someone else using that spot at an earlier poster session. Please ensure that posters are made of lightweight materials, such as paper (laminated or other), cardboard, foam core etc. to put up on the panels. Posters will be posted with push pins made available at the poster session.
- Poster Session FAQs & Tips: More information is available here.
We would like to invite all authors to submit a paper (~7-8 pages) or a pdf of their presentation/poster to be included in the Meeting online proceedings. To submit your presentation/paper, you must upload it via the link provided in your acceptance notice.
All of the abstracts will be made available on www.wcpt8.org before and after the conference and will also be made available on the post-conference proceedings webpage. You do retain the copyright to anything that you submit so should you want to submit any information to a journal following the conference, you’ll be free to do so.
Disclaimer: If you do not submit a presentation record, AIChE will use the abstract that was submitted to the Call for Abstracts. All available presenter/author/chair e-mail addresses will appear on the proceedings. We do not require a permission-to-reproduce form; by submitting a presentation record we take it to mean that you, as the copyright holder, have granted AIChE permission to include it in the online proceedings.
If you do not wish to have your paper or abstract included in the proceedings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before the above deadline for pre-conference proceedings submission.
- Final Proceedings: If you cannot submit by the pre-conference proceedings deadline, you will be able to submit your paper or slides through the end of the conference. Papers submitted between the above deadline through the end of the conference will only appear in the proceedings made available approximately 6-8 weeks after the conference.
- If you need to edit a paper that has already been submitted, please return to the submission link provided and reupload the new paper. The old paper can then be deleted. If the reupload is done after the pre-conference proceedings have been posted, changes will only appear in the final proceedings.
Publications & Indexing:
- The conference chair has arranged for a special issue of Powder Technology on the WCPT8, so our conference committee will be working to review and select some papers to be published in this edition. Some area chairs may choose to work with other journals, but we suspect that most will work with Powder Technology. Note that all submitted papers will be subjected to review and not all may make it into the special edition.
- AIChE makes the abstracts available to Scopus for indexing, but it is ultimately up to them to determine which abstracts they would like to include. Scopus chooses select topical conferences or programming groups for inclusion, but does not index all abstracts.
How to submit your paper or slides for proceedings:
- Please start by going to your personal Confex Portal, provided in your acceptance notice. NOTE: If the link shows an error when clicked on, please try copying and pasting the link into a new tab.
- Click the "Presentation/Paper Upload" link associated with your paper.
How to contact your session chairs:
You can reach your session chairs by clicking on their email address in the technical program. Or, you can write to email@example.com to obtain their contact information.
How to withdraw your presentation:
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your withdrawal. Please provide your name, presentation title and session.
- Notify your session chairs of the withdrawal.
- If you have already registered, contact AIChE Customer Service and consult the Cancellation policy available on the Registration Information page.