Poster Session Frequently Asked Questions
1. What size are the poster boards?
Answer: The live display of poster boards is normally 4 feet wide x 4 feet tall. Please make sure your poster is slightly smaller so that it fits in the space.
2. What do I use to put my poster on the actual board?
Answer: AIChE supplies push-pins to put up your display. You can pick up the push-pins when you enter the poster area.
3. Is there any audio visual equipment allowed in poster sessions?
Answer: No, none allowed.
4. Are electrical outlets supplied to the poster boards?
Answer: Electricity is NOT supplied to poster presenters.
5. How do I locate the poster board I should use for my poster presentation?
Answer: AIChE will provide you a list of presentations with the poster board number next to your paper title.
6. When should I set up my poster?
Answer: It all depends on how complicated it is, but anywhere from thirty minutes to one hour before the actual start time of the session is appropriate.
7. How should my poster look on the board?
Answer: It should be done so that the viewer can easily follow it - type should be large enough to be viewed from several feet away - flow charts should be simple, leaving more complicated explanations to verbal interaction between the presenter and the viewers. Some guidlines to improve your poster can be found here.
8. When should I take down my poster?
Answer: Immediately upon conclusion of the session, unless otherwise stipulated.
9. Is there a grant program that could cover the registration or travel expenses.
Answer: AIChE does not have a grant program that awards funding towards meeting registration or travel expenses. Take a look at specific Division or Forums to see if they offer any travel stipends or awards that include stipends here.