AIChE PEAK Leadership Workshop
Friday, May 18, 2018, 9:00am-3:00pm EDT
In-Person / Local
Posted by Balamurali Sreedhar
Dow Chemical Bldg 1790 Rm 172
633 Washington St
MIidland, MI 48667United States
Providing Effective & Knowledgeable (PEAK) Leadership Workshop
Center for PEAK Leadership
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Friday May 18, 2018 // 9 am – 3 pm
Dow Chemical Bldg 1790 Rm 172 // 633 Washington St, Midland MI
(Location may be subject to change)
Free for AIChE members, students, and recent graduates
Scholarships available for non-members, see details below
Contact: De-Wei Yin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) will be offering its PEAK Leadership Workshop in Midland from 9 am to 3 pm on Friday May 18, 2018. The PEAK Leadership Workshop is normally conducted at the AIChE Spring and Annual Meetings. This will be the first regional workshop and the Mid-Michigan Section of AIChE is pleased to host it in Midland.
The PEAK program focuses on leadership in diversity, inclusion, and volunteerism and is based on best practices for leadership development training. It includes a face-to-face workshop and then the use of online eLearning materials — to be taken at your convenience via AIChE academy. The course syllabus is provided below. In addition to learning invaluable leadership skills that apply to your volunteer work as well as your job, a side benefit is that you will get to network and interact with other national and local AIChE leaders in both appointed and elected roles.
This PEAK Leadership Workshop is free to all AIChE members, students members, young professionals who have recently graduated with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering in 2017 or 2018 who are eligible for the free AIChE YP1 membership, and those who have graduated in 2014–2016 who may join AIChE at reduced rates. A limited number of scholarships are available for other non-AIChE members to attend, and some funding is available to reimburse travel costs incurred by students. Certificates of completion is available to attendees who need to meet professional engineer licensure CEU/PDH requirements. Affiliation with Dow Chemical is not a requirement for attending the workshop.
The four key themes of the PEAK Leadership Workshop program are:
- Developing Personal Capabilities
- Building Trust — A Key Leadership Skill
- Critically Thinking about Critical Thinking
- Gaining Commitment, Not Just Compliance: Effective Leadership Skills
- Improving Communications & Leadership Effectiveness by Leading with Questions
- Leading in a Volunteer Organization
- Navigating AIChE
- Working with Others
- Conflict Resolution: Facilitating Quality Decision Making
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Diversity and Volunteerism
- Effective Communication Based Leadership Skills to Lead a Voluntary Organization
- Effective Communication-Driven Leadership Skills in a Dynamic Global Market
- Working Across Distances: The Challenge of Global Teams
- Outcomes/Focusing on Results
- Completed Staff Work
- Effective Delegation
- Setting a Clear Direction
- Do You Really Think You Can Become a Leader Without Change Management Skills?
- Guiding Organizational Change
- Leadership is Everyone's Responsibility
- Setting SMART Goals
For a preview of the modules please see https://www.aiche.org/academy/courses/peak/center-peak-leadership-developingour-societys-leaders and follow the hyperlinks.
Please contact De-Wei Yin (email@example.com) to register or to inquire. We hope to see you at the workshop.