November 2019 Announcements
- From the Division Chairs: Engaging with EdDiv at the Annual Meeting
- EdDiv 10th Anniversary Plenary Session
- Volunteers Needed at Annual Student Conference
- Call for Applicants: Director of First-Year Engineering at U. Delaware
- Call for Applicants: Chemical Engineering Education Assistant Editor
- Instructions for submitting EdDiv announcements
1. FROM THE DIVISION CHAIRS: ENGAGING WITH ED-DIV AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
We look forward to meeting or re-connecting with you in Orlando.
- Thank you to our banquet and award sponsors this year - Chemstations and zyBooks!
- All are welcome to contribute to the Education Division at the EdDiv Programming Meeting on Tuesday at 11:15 AM and the EdDiv Business Meeting on Tuesday at 6:00 PM, both in Bayhill 17.
- An overview of the Education Division programming schedule is available in the EdDiv web page Files, through Program-by-Area in Confex, and through the AIChEvents App. The Ed Div Poster Session is Tuesday at 3:30pm in the Regency Ballroom R/S. We are also holding a special Plenary Session to celebrate EdDiv’s 10th anniversary (more information below.
Please let us know if you have questions or feedback before or after any of these events.
- Matt Liberatore, Education Division Chair
- Ben Davis, Education Division 1st Vice Chair
2. ED-DIV 10TH ANNIVERSARY PLENARY SESSION
On Tuesday of the Annual Meeting from 12:30 to 3:00 PM in Bayhill 22, we will be offering a special session to celebrate 10 years of the Education Division. The session will be in three parts: presentations from our 2018 Awardees (Laura Ford, Lucas Landherr, and Milo Koretsky), a brief talk from our founding chair David Silverstein on how the Division came to be, and an interactive discussion with the EdDiv board on the present and future directions of the Division. We plan to have an open floor for questions and ideas for advancing the Education Division for the next 10 years. Please come!
3. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT ANNUAL STUDENT CONFERENCE
The AIChE Student Programs Team is currently seeking faculty, graduate student, and professional volunteers to help with several events taking place during this year’s Annual Student Conference in Orlando, FL.
- The Chem-E-Car Competition is in need of Safety Inspectors & Poster Judges on Saturday, November 9 from 3:30PM – 6:30PM in the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Windermere Ballroom. Sign up to volunteer as a Chem-E-Car Safety or Poster Judge here.
- The inaugural AIChE K-12 STEM Outreach Competition is also looking for volunteers and judges on Sunday, November 10 from 9:00AM – 1:30PM at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Regency Ballroom U. Sign up to participate in the first AICHE K-12 STEM Outreach Competition here.
- Lastly, the Undergraduate Student Poster Competition is also looking for judges on Monday, November 11 from 9:30AM – 12:30PM at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Regency Ballroom R-S after receiving a record number of abstract submissions! Sign up as a judge for the Undergraduate Student Poster Competition here.
Questions or sign-ups can also be sent to the AIChE Student Programs Staff at email@example.com.
4. CALL FOR APPLICANTS: DIRECTOR OF FIRST-YEAR ENGINEERING AT U-DELAWARE
The University of Delaware College of Engineering is seeking applications for Director of First-Year Engineering at the rank of Continuing Track (CT) Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. A level of effort of about 60% is assigned to the innovation and delivery of our college-wide Introduction to Engineering (EGGG101) course and 40% is assigned to teaching, service, and/or scholarship in a home department or departments. CT faculty enjoy contracts that increase in length over time, as well as many of the same benefits as tenure-track and tenured faculty, such as identical titles, a parallel promotion track, sabbaticals, and shared faculty governance. To apply, and for more information, please visit https://careers.udel.edu/cw/en-us/job/494517.
5. CALL FOR APPLICANTS: CHEMICAL ENGINEERING EDUCATION ASSISTANT EDITOR
Chemical Engineering Education (CEE), the premier journal for educational scholarship in chemical engineering and related fields, is seeking applications for up to four (4) Assistant Editor positions available within the journal. CEE is published by the Chemical Engineering Division of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). Potential financial compensation for the Assistant Editor positions will be decided by the Publications Board on an annual basis. Each Assistant Editor position will handle paper editorial duties consistent with their interest and expertise. Additionally, each Assistant Editor position will likely be assigned oversight and management over an aspect of the journal (e.g. social media, educator profiles, etc.)
For more information, please see https://journals.flvc.org/cee/announcement/view/89.
6. SUBMITTING ED-DIV ANNOUNCEMENTS
To submit an EdDiv announcement, please prepare a maximum of a 2-3 paragraph description including any relevant URLs and contact information as well as a subject line. Do not include any attachments. Email this information to Katie Cadwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the email heading “For EdDiv Announcements.” Announcements will be sent out near the beginning of each month. Each announcement will be included once, unless otherwise requested. Announcements will also be recorded on the Division website: http://www.aiche.org/community/sites/divisions-forums/education-division .