February 2021 Announcements
- Call for Abstracts for 2021 AIChE Annual Meeting
- Call for Participation: Virtual Communities of Practice
- Save the Date: EdDiv Webinar on Practical Strategies for the Virtual Classroom
- Call for Participation: Share Your Experiences in Virtual K-12 Outreach
- Instructions for submitting EdDiv announcements
1. CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR 2021 AICHE ANNUAL MEETING
The “Call for Abstracts” for the 2021 AIChE Annual Meeting will open in January. Proposed EdDiv sessions and session chairs have already been submitted. Please look out for an email from AIChE for more information regarding the 2021 AIChE Annual Meeting, and of course consider submitting to one or more EdDiv sessions!
2. CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: VIRTUAL COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE
The Spring 2021 Virtual Communities of Practice (VCP) Program is off to a great start! The VCPs are meeting at the following times:
- Material & Energy Balances/Thermodynamics – Mondays, 3:30-4:30pm ET
- Transport/Separations – Wednesdays, 3-4pm ET
- Reactors/Controls/Computing – Mondays, 11am-12pm ET
- Lab – Thursdays, 12:30-1:30pm ET
- Design – Tuesdays, 4-5pm ET
3. SAVE THE DATE: ED-DIV WEBINAR ON PRACTICAL STRATEGIES FOR THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
The Education Division is pleased to host a new webinar on March 17, 2021, 3:00pm Eastern focused on "Practical strategies to foster student learning, engagement, and connection in the virtual classroom" by Deborah S. Goldberg, PhD from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park. Details to sign up for this webinar will be forthcoming.
4. CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES IN VIRTUAL K-12 OUTREACH
The Ed Div webinars committee is looking for people involved in virtual, mail kit, or similar Outreach programs for K-12 students.
Please fill out the short form here to tell us more about your good work.
5. SUBMITTING ED-DIV ANNOUNCEMENTS
To submit an EdDiv announcement, please prepare a maximum of a 2-3 paragraph description including any relevant URLs and contact information as well as a subject line. Do not include any attachments. Email this information to Katie Cadwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the email heading “For EdDiv Announcements.” Announcements will be sent out near the beginning of each month. Each announcement will be included once, unless otherwise requested. Announcements will also be recorded on the Division website: http://www.aiche.org/community/sites/divisions-forums/education-division.