The mission of the SIOC is to advance the chemical engineering profession worldwide by fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and respectful environment for the free participation, development, and enrichment of all members of the profession; strengthening our alliances with industry, academia, government, and other professional organizations to accelerate our collective progress on common goals and societal initiatives; promoting technical literacy through education and outreach and encouraging meaningful and constructive discourse with the public; inspiring and enabling chemical engineers to make a conscientious, responsible, and sustainable impact on society.
Entities reporting to the Societal Impact Operating Council
- Global Society Initiative Committee (GSIC)
- K-12 Initiative
- LGBTQ+ & Allies Initiative
- Minority Affairs Committee (MAC)
- Women in Chemical Engineering (WIC)
- Disabilities OutReach & Inclusion Community (DORIC)