Important NREL Tour Logistics
• Non-U.S. citizens participating in the tour MUST complete Sections 1-18 of the "FNDC" form and submit the form to Jim.McMillan@nrel.gov by November 3.
• Only people who have RSVP'd will be able to join the tour.
• Bring government-issued identification (e.g., driver's license or passport).
• Wear sturdy shoes (with closed toe and heel).
• Meet at NREL’s east entrance (visitor’s entrance). NREL Parking/Tour map
Speaker: Dr. Jim McMillan
Tour limited to first 30 RSVPs. You may attend the dinner even if the tour is full. Please RSVP by WEDNESDAY, November 5 (early RSVPs are greatly appreciated!) You may RSVP via email at email@example.com indicating your name, phone number, and number of attendees and pay at the meeting. Or you may RSVP and pay online by selecting your membership level in the Paypal drop down box and clicking on the "BuyNow" button to pay by credit card. For Paypal, please be sure to indicate in the comment area if you are attending just dinner, or the tour and dinner.
Cost: Members $20; Non-members $25, Students/Unemployed $10; Add $5 for attending meeting without RSVP
James D. ("Jim") McMillan is Chief Engineer for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Bioenergy Center. He has over 25 years research experience advancing lignocellulose biorefining science and technology. An active contributor to NREL’s portion of the USDOE Biomass Program, he also leads the International Energy Agency’s Bioenergy Task 39 focused on accelerating development and commercialization of liquid biofuels, and also co-chairs the annual Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals. Jim obtained his B.S. in chemical engineering with high distinction from Colorado State University and his M.S. in chemical engineering practice and Ph.D. in biochemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. For more detailed biographical information, see: http://www.nrel.gov/biomass/staff_pages/james_mcmillan.html