Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Contact: McMullin, Hugh (Hugh.McMullin@codexis.com)
Upstream Process Development Scientist
At Codexis, we are creating sustainable chemicals, pharmaceutical processes, and renewable ingredients that make industry more efficient, productive and profitable. Industrial biotechnology from Codexis reengineers enzymes and microorganisms – nature’s catalysts – and puts them to work to solve real global challenges for the world’s largest companies.
The Upstream Process Development Scientist will be responsible for the development of recombinant protein production processes and to successfully oversee the transfer of these processes to contract manufacturers. The ideal candidate will have experience with the optimization of enzyme production in microbial expression systems. This position offers the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team in a challenging and dynamic environment.
The Process Development Scientist will be responsible for:
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Microbial Physiology, or related discipline with 3-5 years of relevant industrial experience; or B.S. with at least 10 years relevant industrial experience.
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Education & Experience
• PhD. (7 years) or master’s degree (minimum 10 years) in Chemical Engineering, or Food Engineering with relevant food or bioproducts processing experience, P.E. preferred, 10 + years’ experience preferred;
• Demonstrated Hands-on experience in laboratory and pilot plant food or bioprocessing plant setting, working knowledge with protein recovery processes preferred;
• Experience in cGLP, cGMP, Sanitary 3-A, HAACP, OSHA, and other relevant FDA guidelines and norms for food production necessary;
Fermentation Engineer at Culture Robotics
Date Posted: September 04 2018
Requirements to be considered for the proDUCTION engineering role:
· B.S. in Chemical Engineering
· 2+ years’ production engineering experience in a chlor-alkali facility
· Act as a technical resource for plant operations
Responsibilities OF THE PROduction ENGINEER:
· Optimize plant performance
· Understand EHS operational requirements
· Maintain high standards for process safety
Outstanding opportunity to have a tremendous impact and grow rapidly within an organization and would welcome the opportunity to provide more details over the phone.
If this specific opportunity does not meet your current needs, please help me in fulfilling my client’s need by forwarding this on to someone who fits the description; or, if you prefer anonymity, simply call or email your referral(s) to me. Thank you very much for your assistance in networking with me! I look forward to my conversation with you and/or one of your colleagues!