This award recognizes an outstanding leader age 40 or under who has made a significant contribution to the success of their organization by advancing a scope, project, unit, plant, division, technology, strategy or company that made an impact to the practice or field of chemical engineering. Nominees should be prepared to give a presentation on an important leadership topic of their choice at an AIChE Meeting if selected.
- Awards are administered by a committee of the AIChE Management Division, which reviews all applications and recommends recipients for confirmation by the division’s Board.
- Nominations should include a professional history of the nominee (brief curricula vitae) as well as a summary of the nominee’s accomplishments that specifically detail how the nominee meets the criteria of the award.
- Supporting letters, from the Primary Sponsor and at least one co-sponsor citing specific contributions and the reasons for their value are required, and additional co-sponsors up to a maximum of three are encouraged. Letters from co-sponsors should address specific career and leadership achievements and not simply reiterate the same material already included in the nomination package.
- Supporting letters from sponsors are encouraged to highlight, expand and emphasize the impact of the nominee’s work that affected the company and potential or growth as a leader.
- Submittal of the nomination form and supporting materials to the designated Division Awards Subcommittee Chair shall be made by email.
- The award will generally be awarded annually but only if qualified nominations have been received. This determination is solely at the discretion of the Management Division Awards Committee and the Management Division Board. Awards are presented at a special session, luncheon or dinner meeting held at an AIChE Meeting.
- Award recognition appears in member publications, meeting program books, and website listings, newsletters, social media and blog postings.
- All submitted nomination packages will be active for at least three years (subject to reconfirmation by the nominators who may be allowed to supplement the original submission if they so choose) up until the nominee’s 40th birthday in the award year.
- Demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and achievements that have made a substantial impact on a growth or success of a company.
- The candidate(s) should have demonstrated a leadership role in a field utilizing their chemical engineering background. (e.g.; Engineering, Design & Construction, Project or Process Development, Process Safety, Manufacturing Operations, R&D, Sales and Marketing, Nonprofit, Military, Government, Law, Consulting, Management Consulting, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Entrepreneurship, etc.).
- Nominees are required to be a member of AIChE.
- The candidate should be age 40 or under in the award year.
Nomination Packet (Documents)
|Deadline||September 15, 2020|
|Administrators||Management Division (MGMT)|
|Presentation||The award is presented at the next AIChE Spring Meeting.|
|Nomination Instructions|| |
To submit applications or ask questions, contact:Harold Conner +1.803.507.0232 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sponsors||The Chemours Company|