This award recognizes outstanding scholarship, commercialization, education, or service in nanoscience and nanotechnology by engineers or scientists in the early stages of their professional careers (within 10 years of completion of highest degree).
- Candidate must demonstrate outstanding contributions in an academic, industrial, or government setting to the fields of nanoscience or nanotechnology.
- The NSEF strongly encourages applications from persons of diverse backgrounds, including women and underrepresented minorities.
- The award is contingent on a candidate meeting the above criteria and may not be awarded every year.
- Nominations may be from an external nominator or the candidate (i.e., self-nominations are accepted).
- Nominations will be reviewed by an external awards committee consisting of representatives from academia and industry that have achieved stature comparable with the award to be issued.
- Communications regarding the award will occur to the nominator, who is expected to communicate those outcomes to the nominee (if applicable).
- Any questions regarding awards procedures should be directed to the NSEF past-chair, who is the chair and non-voting member of the awards committee.
Nomination Packet (Documents)
A plaque and an opportunity to speak at AIChE's Annual Meeting.
|Deadline||July 1, 2020|
|Administrators||Nanoscale Science & Engineering Forum (NSEF)|
|Presentation||The award is presented at the AIChE Annual Meeting.|
|Nomination Instructions|| |
Please submit all nominations and applications electronically to Geoff Bothun at firstname.lastname@example.org.