New for 2012
- Accelerating Fossil Energy Technology Development Through Integrated Computation and Experimentation
- Sustaining Water for Future Generations
- Biomedical Applications of Chemical Engineering
- Collocation with the A&WMA for the Joint Workshop: Shale Oil & Gas Exploration & Production - Water Challenges & Opportunities
Dr. Aris Candris is a senior advisor and a member or the Westinghouse Electric Company Board of Directors. He is the former president and CEO of Westinghouse Electric Company, a position he held from July 2008 to April 2012.
Prior to his role as president and CEO, Dr. Candris served as senior vice president, Nuclear Fuel, from 2006 to 2008, providing oversight of fuel fabrication, components and services to commercial nuclear power plants worldwide.
Charles “Chuck” McConnell is the Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy at the U. S. Department of Energy with responsibilities for office operations and managing the oversight of Fossil Energy's Research and Development program (encompassing coal, oil and natural gas) and the U.S. Petroleum Reserves.
Frank Bates is a Regents Professor and Department Head at the University of Minnesota. He is also Principal Investigator for the Bates Research Group whose research involves thermodynamics and dynamics of polymers and polymer mixtures.
Guy B. Marin is professor in Chemical Reaction Engineering at Ghent University (Belgium) and directs the Laboratory for Chemical Technology. He received his chemical engineering degree from Ghent University in 1976 where he also obtained his Ph.D. in 1980.
More Conference Highlights
- Danckwerts Lecture
- How to Go Green at the 2012 AIChE Annual Meeting
- Professional Progress Award Lecture
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Workshop
- 64th Institute Lecture
- 2012 Annual Meeting Plenary
- “Black & Gold” Plenary Sponsored Refreshment Break
- D.I.C. Wang Award Lecture
- SBE's James E. Bailey Award Lecture
- 5th AIChE Corporate Innovation Award Lecture