New for 2012
- Accelerating Fossil Energy Technology Development Through Integrated Computation and Experimentation
- Sustaining Water for Future Generations
- Biomedical Applications of Chemical Engineering
- Collocation with the A&WMA for the Joint Workshop: Shale Oil & Gas Exploration & Production - Water Challenges & Opportunities
Dr. Aris Candris is a senior advisor and a member or the Westinghouse Electric Company Board of Directors. He is the former president and CEO of Westinghouse Electric Company, a position he held from July 2008 to April 2012.
Prior to his role as president and CEO, Dr. Candris served as senior vice president, Nuclear Fuel, from 2006 to 2008, providing oversight of fuel fabrication, components and services to commercial nuclear power plants worldwide.
Dr. Candris formerly served as senior vice president in charge of the Nuclear Services business unit. He first held this position...Read more
Guy B. Marin is professor in Chemical Reaction Engineering at Ghent University (Belgium) and directs the Laboratory for Chemical Technology. He received his chemical engineering degree from Ghent University in 1976 where he also obtained his Ph.D. in 1980. He previously held a Fulbright fellowship at Stanford University and Catalytica Associates (USA) and was full professor from 1988 to 1997 at Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands) where he taught reactor analysis and design. The investigation of chemical kinetics, aimed at the modeling and design of chemical...Read more
Charles “Chuck” McConnell is the Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy at the U. S. Department of Energy with responsibilities for office operations and managing the oversight of Fossil Energy's Research and Development program (encompassing coal, oil and natural gas) and the U.S. Petroleum Reserves.
McConnell has served as the Chief Operating Officer in the Office of Fossil Energy at the U. S. Department of Energy. As COO, McConnell managed the daily operations of Fossil Energy’s programs and leadership, including strategic planning, program direction, and evaluation.
More Conference Highlights
- Danckwerts Lecture
- How to Go Green at the 2012 AIChE Annual Meeting
- Professional Progress Award Lecture
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Workshop
- 64th Institute Lecture
- 2012 Annual Meeting Plenary
- “Black & Gold” Plenary Sponsored Refreshment Break
- D.I.C. Wang Award Lecture
- SBE's James E. Bailey Award Lecture
- 5th AIChE Corporate Innovation Award Lecture