This online course is an overview of the need for process safety and the tools used to implement process safety management systems. It covers the US OSHA PSM 14 regulatory requirements as well as the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) 20 element approach to process safety. Course attendees will learn about the history of accidents leading up to the recognition that process safety technology and education were needed. In addition, you will be instructed how to use several of the more common process safety management tools.
Here's a preview of what you'll learn:
- Process Hazards Analysis (PHAs)—several of the more common methodologies;
- Management of Change (MOC)—perhaps the best way to control hazards;
- Mechanical Integrity vs. Reliability—regulatory requirements vs. what you really should do to keep your plant running safely;
- Incident investigation—lessons learned and shared;
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)—a system management approach as well as an investigative technique; and
- Risk Estimation—Risk ranking and action descriptions.
Who Should Attend:
This course is ideally suited for the new hire engineer, the seasoned engineer newly assigned to process safety projects, and a supervisor needing an overview of what process safety is, why it is needed, and how it should be addressed and implemented. It is also useful to seasoned engineers, supervisors, and managers needing a refresher course to remind them of the fundamentals of process safety. Anyone responsible for communicating process safety information and expectations to the front line work force would also find this course to be of help and value.
Fire Image via Public Domain, U.S. Coast Guard
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$297.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$297.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.