Spreadsheet Problem-Solving for Chemical Engineers
- Course ID:
- Type: eLearning (online) Course
- Skill Level:
Do you already own this content?
If you are already enrolled in this course, click here to access it in the learn center.
Many chemical engineers are self-taught in the use of spreadsheets for day-to-day problem-solving, which is testimony to the inherent usefulness of this tool. Although spreadsheet software was developed for financial calculations, engineers and scientists in all fields have found spreadsheets to be their tool of choice. In this online course, Dr. Clough will provide instruction using Excel 2010 to illustrate a wide range of spreadsheet applications and skills that are relevant to the calculations and problem solving encountered by practicing chemical engineers. Lectures will include frequent live spreadsheet demonstrations. There will be ample opportunity for participants to practice and perfect the sound techniques and the methods taught.
Topics will include:
- Excel basic skills – improving your efficiency
- Working with tables of data and information
- Process calculations including flowsheeting and economic analysis
- Applied statistics including regression analysis
- Solving equations – algebraic and differential
- Programming in Excel using VBA
Although the spreadsheet version used by Dr. Clough in the course is Excel 2010, participants using Excel 2007 and earlier versions will be able to extract full benefit from the course.