Virtual Spring Meeting & GCPS FAQs
Will the AIChE Spring Meeting & Global Congress on Process Safety take place as an in-person event?
No, the 2021 AIChE Spring Meeting & Global Congress on Process Safety will be conducted as a virtual event over the dates of April 18-22, 2021.
I’m not sure I’m interested in attending this meeting now that it’s virtual. Convince me!
We understand that meeting in person is a big part of what makes our meetings special and that we’re all ready to get out of our homes and meet with our colleagues. Looking on the bright side, there are many advantages of attending conferences virtually.
- A more flexible schedule throughout the conference week, allowing you to drop in and out as you need to with the ability to come back and watch presentations for up to 30 days
- Virtual networking can be fun and easier for some than networking in person. Do you sometimes feel you aren’t sure who to talk to at large in-person networking events? At a virtual conference, you can meet face to face using a webcam, or through the text chat.
- Get interactive with live Q&A sessions allowing you to ask questions during the presentations
- Schedule time to meet with our many exhibitors and chat via text, voice, or video
- Watch technical content and participate in discussions from the safety of your home or office.
- Save on travel expenses and time out of the office, while still getting many of the same benefits
Need help justifying your participation to your manager? Check out our Justification Toolkit.
How will the virtual meeting work?
The meeting will be held on an online platform. The overall design of the experience will be driven around the great content our programmers will put together along with networking opportunities to keep our attendees engaged with the talks, our exhibitors, and the event as a whole.
The virtual platform allows the organizers to host live or pre-recorded talks, with live text Q&A. It will also enable us to make all talks available on-demand for a month following the meeting.
All attendees will have the opportunity to network via participation in chats and video rooms, sending direct messages, and scheduling one-on-one video meetings, allowing us to keep what makes the meeting great - interaction with other attendees.
When will registration open?
Registration will open in January. Rates will be posted ahead of the registration link.
I am chairing a session at the meeting. What do I do next?
AIChE Programming will reach out to program chairs and session chairs directly with next steps on scheduling a virtual meeting program. A draft schedule and list of best practices will be made available.
I submitted an abstract to the meeting. What do I do next?
Once all abstracts have been reviewed, you’ll receive an acceptance notice just as you would for in-person meetings. These are likely to be sent out in mid-January, so stay tuned and keep a look out for it in your email.
If for any reason, you are no longer able to participate, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will be scheduling an ancillary event at the meeting. What do I do next?
AIChE will be reaching out to all ancillary event contacts with opportunities to plan your events virtually in January.