This Faculty Process Safety Workshop, sponsored by Bayer, will show chemical engineering faculty how process safety is put into industrial practice and demonstrate the importance of process safety to the design and operation of a chemical plant.
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021: 4 hours of virtual workshop
- Thursday, October 21, 2021: 4 hours of virtual workshop
Virtual Faculty Workshop Framework
- Demonstrate process safety concepts through personal case study examples/stories.
- What industry does in process safety and why.
- Industrial importance of process safety
- Methods to teach process safety.
- Resources available for teaching process safety, including AICHE resources.
- Networking with other faculty.
- Faculty share what they heard instead of just waiting to ask a question.
- Sharing in small groups followed by larger group common sharing.
Benefits for Faculty
- Gain expertise in process safety issues
- Participate in industry-related safety case studies
- Learn how to incorporate process safety to your existing Chemical Engineering curriculum
The workshop will enable faculty to teach process safety in their undergraduate and graduate curricula so that graduating students will have a basic understanding of process safety for their careers in industry.
This program is run by AIChE’s Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS).