The LGBTQ+ & Allies Initiative was formalized as a committee in 2019. Its mission is to increase the inclusion, participation, and progress of all gender and sexual minorities within the field of chemical engineering.
- Create a welcoming community and network of support for LGBTQ+ engineers and allies
- Promote representation of LGBTQ+ communities in chemical engineering academia and industry
- Educate chemical engineers and related professionals about LGBTQ+ issues
- Reinforce AIChE’s image as a welcoming organization for all underrepresented groups
- Develop, organize, and facilitate programming and social events for national and regional meetings related to the LGBTQ+ community and allies in the field of chemical engineering
- Integrate activities with other intersecting AIChE groups concerned with inclusion and diversity
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding AIChE policies and activities that are pertinent to the LGBTQ+ community
- Develop and provide educational materials related to being a LGBTQ+ engineer and supporting LGBTQ+ engineers in the workplace and in academia
- Secure donations and foundation support for committee events and sponsored activities
Read LGBTQ+ & Allies Initiative Bylaws
How can you help?
We're looking for new committee members to help grow the LGBTQ+ & Allies initiative. If you're interested, contact chair Alon McCormick.
- Log in to post comments