Join the discussion online
- Dale Keairns, AIChE and Booz Allen Hamilton
- Henry T. Kohlbrand, AIChE and Consultant
- Richard C. Darton, University of Oxford
In support of our efforts to address societies grand challenges, AIChE and its Center for Energy Initiatives (CEI) has scheduled a World Café on the Energy Water Food Nexus (761) during our Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA in November.
The World Café will focus on the global grand challenge of the Energy Water Food Nexus. The session aims to build awareness of the challenge and highlight the roles chemical engineering expertise can play in addressing the system integration challenges and technology needs resulting from the interconnected nature of global water-energy-food issues. We would like to extend an invitation to you to participate in this session. The session is scheduled for Monday, November 17th at 8:30 a.m. An introduction and speaker presentations will occur from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., followed by a workshop discussion from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
This session has been planned by prominent leaders of international chemical engineering organizations. AIChE and IChemE are collaborating under the auspices of the World Chemical Engineering Council to help make this session a success. We hope to help address this challenge by identifying specific projects in which IfS (Institute for Sustainability) and CEI can participate.
- Joe Powell, Shell, The Shell scenarios on energy, water, food
- Olivier Dubois, UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), FAO approach and methodology to address the nexus and highlights of three case studies
- Herb Cabezas, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Approaches for analysis of complex systems such as the energy water food nexus
The session is co-chaired by Hank Kohlbrand, AIChE and Richard Darton, University of Oxford and the workshop portion will be moderated by Dale Keairns, Booz Allen Hamilton.