AIChE's meeting registration policy is based on the premise that AIChE's conferences and meetings are amongst the most prestigious and best attended chemical engineering conferences in the world. Participation in these conferences is beneficial to the individual and his/her company or institution, as it provides individual and company/institution exposure, networking, and the possibility to make lasting connections. Presentation of a paper is felt to be only one form of participation along with chairing sessions, attending sessions and presentations, and participating in business meetings or other collegial activities.
Therefore, all participants, including speakers (invited or accepted through the Call for Abstracts), are expected to register and pay the appropriate registration fee.
For the AIChE Spring & Annual Meetings:
All particpants are expected to adhere to the registration policy. However, in certain instances, a waiver may be requested. All requests sent after the end of the early registration deadline will not be granted. Requests must come in through the appropriate Division, Forum, or Topical Conference Program Chair to be considered.
If approved, only a one-day registration waiver will be granted. In no case should a commitment be made to any speaker without prior approval of the AIChE Program Development Department.
If organizers such as Division, Forum, or Topical Conference Chairs feel that a particular speaker is especially important to the effective implementation of the conference and the invited speaker(s) are attending exclusively to present an invited paper, a request can be forwarded to the AIChE Program Development Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting a fee waiver.
All requests must be sent to email@example.com by a Division, Forum, or Topical Conference Program Chair prior to the start of the conference and must confirm the following criteria:
- Recipient Name & Affiliation
- Session in which the recipient is participating
- Division/Forum/Topical Conference program under which the session is programmed
- The benefit or additional view point that the invited speaker/recipient brings to the session
- The recipient has been invited to participate as a speaker in a high-level invited session, such as a Division/Forum/Topical/Area plenary session/keynote, or MPC-led session.
- The recipient must not be a member of AIChE.
- The recipient must not be a Chemical Engineer.
- The recipient is only attending the Meeting to speak in their invited session and will attend the Meeting only on the day of the session. Without this invited talk and the associated one-day registration waiver, the recipient would not attend the Meeting.
Requests Submission Deadlines:
Requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than:
- January 31st for the AIChE Spring Meeting
- August 1st for the AIChE Annual Meeting
Cancellations called in at 800.242.4363 or emailed to email@example.com no later than 2 weeks prior to meeting start date, 11:59pm ET will receive a full refund less $50 in processing charges. After 2 weeks prior to meeting start date no full registration refunds will be given. If you register but are unable to attend, AIChE will accept a substitute with a $50 processing fee.