AIChE Susquehanna Local Section – May 2021 Scholarship Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday, May 27, 2021 – 6:30-8:00 pm
Program: This is a Virtual Meeting on Zoom: https://zoom.us/join Meeting ID: 976 7132 1335 / Password: 699805
This meeting will have ChE career-oriented presentations by two of our AIChE members, and the presentations to our 2021 Scholarship Award Recipients. The meeting will be hosted by Charles Merris, our Scholarship Coordinator. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to attend. If you would like a 1-hr PDH certificate, please indicate that in your RSVP.
- 6:30 – 6:40 pm Introductions by Charles Merris
- 6:40 – 7:05 pm Speaker, Marina Venezia, AIChE Susq. Chemical Engineer
- 7:05 – 7:30 pm Speaker, Rao Sankarmanchi, AIChE Susq. Chemical Engineer
- 7:30 – 7:40 pm Presentation to - and remarks from - Julia Wolfe
- 7:40 – 7:50 pm Presentation to - and remarks from - Andrew Rajaratnam
- 7:50 – 8:00 pm Concluding remarks by Charles Merris and Peter Kabatek, Section Chair; Meeting adjourned
- Julia Wolfe, Manheim Central High School
- Andrew Rajaratnam, Manheim Central High School
Marina’s Bio: Marina Venezia is an Application Engineering Manager and Team Leader at Philadelphia Mixing Solutions. Marina graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University in 2016. She will graduate in May 2021 with a Master's in Business Administration from Lebanon Valley College. Marina started her career as an Application Engineer with Philly, responsible for sizing and pricing industrial mixers for various applications, from oil & gas to food & beverage. In her current role, Marina is responsible for both the aftermarket and new unit teams. In her free time, Marina is an assistant women's lacrosse coach at LVC.
Rao’s Bio: Rao Sankarmanchi is currently serving as the Lead Quality Specialist at CDM Smith, an international consulting company. He has 35 years of experience in the water, wastewater, hazardous waste, air quality, water resources and environmental data management fields. Rao is a Licensed Professional Engineer in PA, NY and DE. He got his Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India and his Master’s in Environmental Engineering from the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana. Rao resides in Mountville, PA and has been a member of AIChE since 1989.