Members of the National Capital Section of AIChE,
the Howard University Chapter of AIChE,
and their Guests
are invited to
ExxonMobil/AIChE NCS - Howard University
Each year, with the generous sponsorship of the ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company, AIChE-NCS presents an award to an outstanding student at each of our local universities' chemical engineering programs, Howard University and the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP). The UMCP event took place last week. A second event has been scheduled to honor this year's recipient at Howard University.
When: Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Where: Multipurpose Room; Howard University Interdisciplinary Research Building, 2201 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20059
Parking: There are many parking lots on campus that one can park after 5pm, but read the signs carefully to avoid being ticketed. Additionally, on-street parking is available at meters and in free spaces with posted time limits. Campus map: https://www.howard.edu/explore/map/
Registration Fee: Free. Dinner is generously donated by ExxonMobil.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, September 25th at the Eventbrite site (https://ncs-howard-exxonmobil2018.eventbrite.com).
- 6:00pm • Greetings / Dinner
- 6:45pm • Welcome / Introduction
- 7:00pm • ExxonMobil Presentation (ExxonMobil Team)
- 7:25pm • Presentation of Departmental Check (ExxonMobil Team)
- 7:35pm • AIChE Perspective (Dr. Patrick Ymele-Leki | AIChE-NCS)
- 7:45pm • Recognition of Award Recipient (Howard Chemical Engineering Department Faculty & AIChE-NCS)
- 8:00pm • Announcements / Conclusion and Final Remarks (Dr. Ramesh Chawla | Department Chair)
* Special thanks to Ciara Parrott for her help planning this event