This award recognizes outstanding contributions to scientific, technological, or industrial areas involving separations technologies. Criteria considered in selecting an awardee include development and implementation of significant discoveries, creative research, or new processes and/or products. The innovation should have demonstrated significant and measurable commercial, environmental, or societal value.
Any award nomination must clearly state the groundbreaking, significant scientific, technological, or industrial impact resulting from the Nominee’s efforts. The nomination must present, in a way that the typical reader of Chemical Engineering Progress (CEP) can readily understand, how the Nominee's work has generated commercial, environmental, or societal value. Furthermore, there must be some reasonable attempt to quantify that value.
A check for $1,000, a plaque, and a complementary ticket to the Separations Division Awards Dinner at the AIChE Fall Annual Meeting.
- Candidate must be a member of AIChE in good standing and a member of the Separations Division.
- Nomination to include a current resume and/or documentation supporting the individual’s involvement and contributions to the separations disciplines. The basic document should be the standard AIChE Awards Nomination Form (http://www.aiche.org/community/awards/awards-provisions-eligibility#divi...).
- Current office holders of the Separations Division leadership are eligible for this award, if other criteria are also met.
- Nominations will remain open as long as the candidate is eligible. Nominators are strongly encouraged to update their nominee’s files regularly.
- An individual may receive the award only once. Up to four supporting letters are allowed. To facilitate the review process, the preferred format for Nomination Packages is electronic, in PDF format. If you wish to submit a Nomination Package in any other format, electronic or print, please contact the Separations Division. Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.