- Institute & BOD Awards - Instructions & Form
- Division & Forum Awards - Instructions & Form
- Committee and Other Awards - Instructions
Institute & Board of Directors Awards Provisions, Eligibility, and Nominations
Revised for 2012
- AIChE Institute Awards are selected by the Awards Selection Committee and AIChE Board of Directors' Awards are selected by the AIChE Board of Directors.
- Institute Awards are presented at the discretion of the Awards Selection Committee, and Board of Directors' Awards at the discretion of the Board of Directors, but not more than once a year, unless otherwise stated.
- A winner of an Institute or Board of Directors' Award cannot be a candidate for another Institute or Board of Directors' Award for four years after winning. Likewise, a candidate can be considered for only one Institute or Board of Directors' Award in a given year.
- Members of the Awards Selection Committee or its subcommittees are not eligible for an AIChE award, selected by that committee or subcommittee, until at least one year after his/her service has terminated on that committee or subcommittee.
- Awards will be presented at the Honors Ceremony of the AIChE Annual Meeting.
- Members of the Awards Selection Committee may not submit nominations for Institute Awards.
All members of AIChE are encouraged to nominate deserving candidates. Additional nomination forms are available from the AIChE Awards Administrator.
Hard copy submissions of nomination materials for Institute Awards are no longer be accepted. The completed nomination form, cover letter, letters of support, and other supporting documents must be collected and saved in electronic form (the entire nomination placed into a single PDF file is preferred) on a single CD, and mailed to the location indicated on the nomination form.
Nominations prepared without the nomination form will be considered, if they include the required information. Additional pages may supplement the standard nomination form, as needed. Specific identification of the work on which the nomination is based and an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments, particularly the work to be recognized by the proposed award, are of great importance. If the nominee has previously received any award from AIChE or one of its Divisions, special emphasis should be placed on his/her qualifications for the next award.
Not more than four brief supporting letters from colleagues (peers) or former students may accompany a given nomination. These letters should contain factual information not provided elsewhere in the nomination.
Institute or Board of Directors' Award nominations must be postmarked by February 15.
Renomination of candidates is encouraged; nominations for Institute Awards are not extended automatically. It is recommended but not required that the contents of the nomination package and of the supporting letters be updated; at minimum, however, the nomination form and supporting letters must have current dates. Nominations for Board of Directors' Awards remain active for three years without renomination.
Division & Forum Awards Provisions, Eligibility, & Nominations
The following apply to all Division and Forum awards unless otherwise noted:
- Awards are administered by each Division or Forum.
- Nominations are reviewed and an awardee selected by a subcommittee of the Division or Forum.
- Nominations must include a brief professional history of the nominee and specify how the nominee meets the criteria of the award.
- Three to five supporting letters, citing specific contributions and the reasons for their value.
- Submit eight copies of the nomination form and supporting materials to the designated Division/Forum Award Committee Chair.
- Most awards are presented annually.
- Division and Forum awards do not always require Division/Forum or AIChE membership. Some awards do make membership a specific eligibility requirement so refer to the individual award description for details.
- Awards are presented at a special session, luncheon or dinner meeting of the Division or Forum at one of AIChE's National conferences.
- Award recognition appears in member publications, meeting program books, and/or website listings.
Committee & Other Awards Provisions & Eligibility
The following apply to all Committee Awards unless otherwise noted:
- Awards are administered by the Committees, with the cooperation of the AIChE Awards Administrator.
- Awards are presented annually.
- Nominations are reviewed and an awardee selected by a subcommittee of each Committee.
- Nominees do not have to be AIChE members.
- When appropriate, recognition is printed in AIChExchange and other publications.