Important Notice: Limited Web Access Dec 16 to 18, 2016
AIChE will undertake a routine upgrade of our digital infrastructure over the weekend of December 16-18, 2016. During this period access to certain areas of the website will be limited. Learn more about how access will be affected.
AIChE's Fuels and Petrochemicals Division was established to further the application of chemical engineering principles in the fields of fuels and petrochemicals. The division provides a forum for information exchange and coordination of activities with those of other societies in the field. The division also coordinates activities through its own Ethylene Producers Subcommittee. Each year, the Fuels and Petrochemicals Division sponsors some 350 papers in nearly 70 technical sessions at AIChE meetings, relating to the production, refining, utilization, and conversion of liquid, solid, and gaseous fuels.
Objectives of the AIChE Fuels and Petrochemicals Division include:
- To further the application of chemical engineering in the fuels and petrochemicals fields by industrial, educational, institutional and governmental groups.
- To provide a communications medium for the exchange of non-confidential information of mutual interest among individuals engaged in all phases of fuels and petrochemicals activities.
- To provide a forum for the dissemination of information, ideas, and attitudes between the practicing engineer and the chemical engineering educator.
- To instill an early interest in the Institute among the engineers in these specific fields; and to promote cross-fertilization of ideas with chemical engineers in other industries and thus to stimulate transfer of knowledge from one field to another.
- To coordinate the Institute's activities with other societies active in fuels and petrochemicals.
- To provide leadership, assistance and expertise as appropriate to the Institute, industrial, education, and governmental groups in all fields of fuels and petrochemicals activities, including safety, health and environment.
F&PD has several members that are on AIChE's Board of Directors: Bond Calloway, Freeman E. Self, Dennis Griffith, Meagan Lewis, Timothy O. Odi, Joseph Powell, and Joseph Smith.