Making Your Work Easier and Your Results Data-Driven with Statistics
- Type: Archived Webinar
Janet Hammill has used statistical analysis for over 25 years during her research and business career. She will share how statistics helped her teams design an adhesively bonded all-aluminum Audi space frame car, improve fatigue resistance for the wings of an Embraer aircraft, improve abrasion resistance of Ski Doo's when beached, and now is helping to model price escalation and simulate maintenance turn-over optimization designs to build a new complex of petrochemical plants in Saudi Arabia. In addition to an overview of basic statistics and design of experiments, paired t-test, Anova and upper and lower control limits will be covered.
The webinar is designed to answer some practical questions considered important to you. Questions answered while discussing real-life applications include:
1) What questions should I expect?
2) Why should I use experimental designs?
3) When am I ready draw conclusions?
4) What conclusions should I trust?
5) Can I use statistics when I have no data?
6) Is my system in-control and capable?
7) How will software will help me?
8) Who should I call to ask for help?
9) How do I validate my conclusions?
10) Do I really need to use this?
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|AIChE Member Credits||1|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|